How To Manufacture A Brake Disc
One of the most necessary parts for a motorcycle or vehicle is Brake Discs
Manufacturing a brake disc of a vehicle or motorcycle comprises the following process steps:
(1) Blanking: Punch out a disc-shaped blank on a steel plate;
(2) Punching heat dissipation holes: Punch out a number of heat dissipation holes at the position of the disc-shaped blank corresponding to the brake disc body;
(3) Punching process holes: Punch out a number of process holes in the position of the disc-shaped blank corresponding to the mounting plate body.
(4) Rolling edge chamfering - applying pressure to the edge of the disc-shaped blank obtained in step (3), rolling to complete the edge chamfering of the circular blank, by using 2Mpa~5Mpa pressure in 2-5s;
(5) Extrusion processing surface: extrude the disc-shaped blank obtained in step (4) on the die to form a surface, using extrusion force is 200t-800t in 0.1~0.3s;
(6) Heat and flatten: the disc-shaped blank obtained in step
(5) is heated and softened and flattened on the equipment, keeping the shape of the installation disc. The heating temperature is 850-880°C with time 15min~20min:
(7) Punching the mounting hole: punch the mounting holes at the middle position of the disc-shaped blank and the edge mounting hole.
(8) Mounting hole chamfering: Chamfer the center and edge mounting holes of the disc-shaped blank processed in step (7);
(9) After processing, the finished brake disc is obtained.
The Materials used for the manufacturing process:
- Short carbon fibers
- Carbon powder
- Heat molded resin
Equipment/tools used for manufacturing:
- Furnaces and a press
- Permanent molds
- Drilling machines
- Computer-guided machines