The history of yamaha tenere 700
The Yamaha Tenere 700 is a dual-sport motorcycle that was first introduced in 2019.
The Tenere name actually has a long history in the world of adventure motorcycles. It first appeared on the Yamaha XT600Z Tenere in the early 1980s, which was a popular choice for riders looking to explore the African continent. The first-ever running of the Paris-Dakar Rally in 1979 in the African desert. In this brutal contest, only two men stood at the top of the podium: Cyril Neveu and Gilles Comte who both rode Yamaha XT500s, and had outrun every other vehicle in the desert from Honda XL250 motorcycles to Range Rovers, so the "Tenere" become more familiar.
After several years of development of Yamaha company, the Tenere 700 was finally unveiled in 2019. The bike featured a liquid-cooled, 689cc parallel-twin engine that was capable of producing 72 horsepower and 50 lb-ft of torque. It also came with a long-travel suspension, spoked wheels, and a rugged chassis that was designed to handle rough terrain.
How is the engine of tenere 700?
The Yamaha Tenere 700 is powered by a 689cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 8-valve, parallel-twin engine. This engine is derived from the highly successful MT-07 naked bike and has been tuned for adventure riding.
The Tenere 700 engine produces a maximum power output of 72 horsepower and 50 lb-ft of torque. It has a six-speed gearbox and a slipper clutch, which reduces rear-wheel chatter during aggressive downshifting.
Overall, the Tenere 700's engine is well-regarded for its smooth power delivery, good mid-range torque, and overall reliability. It's designed to be versatile and capable of handling a variety of on- and off-road riding conditions.
What’s unique about the T7?
The Yamaha Tenere 700 (T7) has several unique features that set it apart from other adventure bikes:
- Lightweight and Agile: The T7 is relatively lightweight compared to other adventure bikes in its class, which makes it more agile and nimble on off-road terrain.
- High Performance Engine: The T7's engine is derived from the highly successful MT-07 naked bike and has been tuned for adventure riding, providing a good balance of power and torque.
- Adjustable Suspension: The T7's fully-adjustable long-travel suspension is designed to handle a variety of riding conditions, from off-road terrain to long-distance touring.
- Slim and Ergonomic Design: The T7's slim and ergonomic design makes it comfortable for riders of all sizes, while also providing excellent wind protection and visibility.
- Off-Road Focus: The T7 is designed with off-road riding in mind, with features such as a high-mounted front fender, rally-style LED headlights, a skid plate, and handguards.
Overall, the T7 is a unique adventure bike that offers a great balance of on- and off-road performance, and is well-suited for riders who are looking for a lightweight, agile, and versatile adventure bike.
What’s Not Ideal About the Ténéré 700?
Like any motorcycle, the Yamaha Tenere 700 has some potential disadvantages or trade-offs that may not suit every rider's preferences or needs. Here are a few potential disadvantages to consider:
- Seat Height: The seat height of the Tenere 700 is relatively tall at 34.6 inches (880mm), which may not be comfortable or easy to manage for riders with shorter inseams.
- Wind Protection: The bike's minimalist bodywork and windshield design may not provide enough wind protection for long highway rides or adverse weather conditions.
- Suspension: While the bike's suspension is generally considered to be high-quality and adjustable, some riders may find it too firm or harsh for their riding style or preferences.
- Weight: At around 450 pounds (204 kg) with a full tank of gas, the Tenere 700 is not the lightest adventure bike on the market, which may make it challenging to handle in certain situations or for some riders.
- Availability: Depending on your location, the Tenere 700 may not be available for purchase or delivery, or there may be a long waiting period due to high demand.
Is the Ténéré 700 best for long adventure?
The Yamaha Tenere 700 is a great bike for long adventure rides. Its lightweight and agile design, combined with a comfortable seating position and excellent wind protection, make it well-suited for long-distance touring.
The T7's high-performance engine provides a good balance of power and fuel efficiency, which is important for covering long distances without frequent refueling stops. Additionally, the T7's long-travel suspension is designed to handle a variety of riding conditions, including rough terrain, which is often encountered during adventure touring.
Moreover, the T7's large fuel tank capacity of 4.2 gallons (16 liters) allows for an extended range, reducing the need for frequent fuel stops. The bike also has a range of aftermarket accessories available, such as luggage racks and panniers, which can be used to carry gear for longer trips. It is a good choice for long adaventure.
How much is a tenere 700?
The price of a Yamaha Tenere 700 may vary depending on the country, region, and local taxes. In the United States, the MSRP for a new Tenere 700 is around $9,999 USD.
Where can i buy T7?
You can find a list of Yamaha dealerships and distributors on the Yamaha website or by doing a quick online search for Yamaha dealerships in your area. Additionally, you may be able to find new or used Tenere 700s for sale on online marketplaces such as CycleTrader, eBay Motors, or Craigslist. However, it is important to be cautious when buying from a private seller and to ensure that the motorcycle is in good condition and has all the necessary documentation.
Maintenance and parts
With the T7’s popularity, it won’t be a problem to source parts anywhere in the world now.
Adding a luggage rack, wider footpegs, headlight protector, gear shifter, brake clutch lever, and a radiator guard is my first choice.
Rear Luggage Rack:
The rack compatibility of this product offers 12 slots and strapping points for various soft luggage, tool bags, or roll bags.
It is also strong and durable. The side rails are constructed from Q235 steel, while the top plate is milled out of 6.3mm aluminum alloy. The use of high-quality 10.9 zinc-coated bolts and stainless steel washers ensures that the rack is resistant to deformation, and warping, and can withstand heavy loads or significant impacts.
The rack provides an adequate top surface area, measuring approximately 294 (W) x 256 (L) mm. This completely flat top surface is perfect for securely accommodating 10-20 liter soft bags, ensuring that all your travel essentials remain in place throughout your journey.
In addition to its compatibility and durability, this rack is also strap-friendly. Its smooth chamfered edge eliminates any burrs that could potentially cut your hands or straps, providing a safer and more user-friendly experience.
Despite its strength and durability, this rack remains lightweight, weighing less than 1.5 kg. This weight includes all necessary mounting hardware, making it a convenient and practical option for your luggage needs.
Our Radiator Guard takes protection to the next level with upgraded aluminum billets, leaving fragile plastic counterparts behind. It shields your radiator from the harshest elements - sand, gravel, rocks, you name it - ensuring your bike's heart remains intact.
Engineered for longevity, the guard boasts a rustproof anodized surface, increasing corrosion resistance and durability, making it resilient in any weather conditions.
Precision is key, and that's why we've incorporated the latest CNC machining technology, guaranteeing a perfect fit and easy installation. Elevate your Yamaha Tenere 700's performance and protection with our Radiator Guard, because your adventure deserves nothing less than the best.
Conclusion: The tenere 700 is worth buying.
The Yamaha Tenere 700 is a high-quality and versatile adventure bike that is well-suited for a wide range of riding conditions and terrain. Good for off-road adventures, daily commuting and touring.
However, whether or not the Tenere 700 is worth it depends on your individual needs, preferences, and budget. If you are looking for a lightweight and nimble adventure bike that can handle rough terrain and extended trips, the Tenere 700 may be a great choice. It also offers good value for its price point compared to other adventure bikes in its class.